We offer a comprehensive range of services for domestic customers including plumbing, heating, boiler jobs, kitchens and bathrooms. Our skills are pretty exhaustive! We can turn our hands to large-scale and small-scale jobs and we are confident and reliable in every project we taken on.
Plumbing and heating services we can offer are listed below. This is not an exhaustive list but describes the main jobs we carry out just because they are the most popular. If you have any problems which don’t appear on the lists we provide here please do not hesitate to call. It does not mean we can’t do the job; we just don’t have enough space to list every single job we do!
Installing and Repairing TapsIf you experience taps which leak or drip through the night or you simply want to replace your taps for new ones, we can organise this for you. Leaky taps are a frustration for homeowners because the water can cause mould and/or it can leave scaly areas where it has sat for long periods of time. Fixing a leaking tap is a quick and easy job for us to do so give us a call before the problem gets any worse.
Burst PipesIf your pipes have burst it will likely be because they are either old or in need of sprucing up. Like everything, pipes need care to keep them in tip top condition. Pipes can burst due to the weather as well because they can freeze in the winter and then in the summer if they have got very cold over the winter, they expand in the heat and can burst then too. This is not an uncommon problem. It is mainly because people go away on holiday in the winter time and do not set their heating system on constant to keep the pipes warmed while they are away. We come across this problem a lot and try to educate all our customers about simple ways to look after their heating systems.
We can attend to burst pipes and have them up and running quickly. We carry spare piping with us so we shouldn’t need to leave to get piping and come back to you. Just call and we will be on hand to give you our expert service. However we would advise all our customers in the first instance to switch off the main water valve to stop the water leaking and causing major damage and then turn on all your taps to get rid of the water in the system.
Blocked PipesPipes can easily be blocked by food scraps, fat, hair, sanitary waste and other such items. Over time these things build up, causing water to flow too slowly and eventually pipes get so clogged the water stops draining away. Regular cleaning of drains and pipes will help.
Plungers can help remove blockages. You will know you have a blockage if you empty your sink and your bath tub starts to fill up! Tim Burberry can help with all blocked pipes and we will have the situation sorted and your home back up and running properly in no time.
Power FlushingPower flushing is a great way to help your central heating system work at its optimum level. Debris, iron and other deposits build up in your heating system and cause sludge which can slow its effectiveness. Because central heating systems are used so regularly, issues like that are bound to arise. Sludge in your system will mean that it is more difficult for it to work and will probably slightly increase your energy bills. It is good practice to flush through your system every so often.
Hot Water CylindersOur years of experience mean we can install all types of hot water cylinder into our customers’ homes. Due to our expertise we are also more than happy and willing to advise the people we work for about which cylinders are the best on the market for their needs.
We will also tell you if your cylinder is just too old and needs replacing. We won’t keep coming out time and time again to do work on your system and cost you a fortune.
Hot Water SupplyThere is a long list of reasons which could explain why you may experience no hot water in your home. We can come and investigate to see what the cause of the lack of hot water is and fix the problem accordingly. Due to our years of working in this industry we are pretty quick at sourcing the likely problem and getting your hot water back on again in no time.
Stop CocksStop cocks switch off the supply of water to your home. When you have a burst pipe, the first thing we would suggest that you do is to turn off your stop cock in order to stop the flow of water. However, sometimes they seize and this means you can’t control the water coming into your system. It is important to call us when you detect this problem because if your pipe does burst, there will be a major leak and it will be very difficult to stem the flow.
ShowersWe can fit all kinds of showers, including electric showers. We do not just cover the plumbing side of the work but can offer the whole package so you don’t have to call two or three different tradesmen to sort such a small issue.
Ball Valves, Tanks and OverflowsAll products experience wear and tear and it is likely that elements of your plumbing will wear out or malfunction.
Tanks can experience the same thing but it is more important to keep a very close eye on your water tank because they hold such a huge amount of water. If they develop a leak or burst, a lot of damage can be caused!
We can repair and replace leaking tanks, solve problems with ball valves and install overflows.
We can also offer you a maintenance service to ensure your tank is always well looked after.
PumpsThere is a huge range of pumps which are used in different parts of your plumbing system and which operate in different ways. We can install or replace all different types of pump, including shower pumps, for any system you have in your home.
Installing New or Replacing Old BoilersNot only can we repair faulty boilers but we also install new ones. We are fully registered and trained to carry out this work. We can also replace your entire central heating system including radiators and pipe work. We can do this for old properties or install a complete system for new build homes.
CylindersOur skilled workforce can fit nearly every sort of hot water cylinder. We give a top notch service repairing and maintaining your cylinder and replacing it.
Using a plumbing company with lots of experience is a must for this kind of work because it is very easy to get things wrong and end up causing yourself a lot more stress and expense should things go wrong – which they often can when you don’t have the expertise to know.
OverflowsDripping or leaky overflows can often happen. They are part of a water tank and will be found in your attic or loft space. Drips are obviously not a very severe problem within themselves but problems obviously arise if drips and small leaks are not sorted over a long period of time. Damp can cause mould and also rot wood which can become quite serious if not treated.
At Tim Burberry Plumbing and Heating we are quick to solve minor leaks before they turn into major headaches.
Kitchens and BathroomsWhile we carry out all plumbing and heating work, including all the specialist jobs which come up, we can also do far more than this. At Tim Burberry we can turn our hands to many differing projects, including offering a fantastic kitchen and bathroom fitting service.
We can do the fitting of appliances and suites as you may expect but we can also fit and install units, complete flooring, tiling, help with layout and move your layout for you so your pipe work still connects.
We do all of this with the utmost attention to detail and with the ability to advise you on good brands to choose from, how best to work the space you have and also some ways around problems that may crop up as they almost always tend to do!
KitchensKitchens: The kitchen is the place where most people, from professional workers to mums of three, spend the bulk of their time. Cooking is required in every home and in every family, so having a kitchen which works for you and your needs is vital. A kitchen which doesn’t have a good layout will quickly become frustrating. We can help you to visualise your new kitchen and ask you questions so that you know what you need when you set out to buy the units. We will also help with layout.
Because kitchens can add such huge value to your home, we are incredibly careful with our work and pay meticulous attention to detail when carrying out all aspects of these types of project.
We have a very skilled workforce who can work quickly but who never neglect the finer details and finishing touches. They remain determined and committed to the final screw being tightened. What is more, because of our extensive years in this industry we are more than confident at fitting different materials, contemporary units, traditional and wooden units and many more.
We can help you think about all the varying aspects of restyling your kitchen such as the style of the kitchen you want, how much storage you need, how large you want the kitchen to be (will you require an extension as part of the work?), material, layout, colours and much more. We can also fit kitchen floors for you.
BathroomsEach and every home is different and the way people like to use their bathroom varies greatly. Some people have large spaces and like to create a very luxurious feel to their bathrooms, others want their bathroom to be a functional space and still others want theirs to be family friendly. We can help each family or individual achieve their aims for their bathrooms.
The space people have for their bathrooms will make a huge difference in what they can do. An en-suite bathroom will require a very different approach to a large guest bathroom suite for instance.
Whatever the needs and desires, we can help make your bathroom work for you. We are also experts in developing bathrooms for people with disabilities.
We can help ask all the questions needed so you can make the best informed choice about your bathroom. We will ask questions which cover space, layout, design style, paint, tiling, flooring, bathroom suites, blinds, lighting, colours and more.
We know how stressful it is to have a bathroom you cannot use so we ensure we maintain focus and finish the task at hand in the quickest time possible but without lacking in any quality whatsoever. We work quickly, efficiently and as quietly as the job will allow us.
At Tim Burberry we are very adept at refitting new bathrooms. If you would like to know more or would like us to come and quote for any work you are considering carrying out, please do not hesitate to call us and we will arrange a visit to your home.
This is what our current and previous clients say about our service:
- “Dear Mr Burberry, I found myself compelled to write to you in order to thank you and your staff for all the work you carried out for us, just recently. The manner in which you estimated the cost, and may I add, a very, very competitive costing, made an appointment to do the work, arrived on the agreed day, and executed all you had informed me you would do, reminding me of days gone by when tradesmen and companies did what they said they would do, in the time, and the cost they had said. Harry, the plumber who arrived to do the work was polite, and quietly spoken. He set about his work with no fuss or preamble. He worked at a steady pace to ensure all he was doing turned out correct, and after his work was done, he left not a scrap of debris. It was as though he was never there. His work ethic, and the manner in which he, and your plumbing company, conducted all that needing doing is very, very laudable; thank you. As I finish, please be assured that if I ever need a plumbing firm again, I will definitely call on yours, and furthermore, I have passed on your name and company details to all my friends and family, as highly recommended. Thanks again.”
– Ray, Horley (letter)
- “Tim was recommended to me a few years ago when I was replacing my bathroom. (It looks great.) He has since replaced my boiler. He is totally reliable, has a pleasant manner and I am quite happy to go out and leave him to get on with things. He puts in a full day’s work and leaves everywhere clean and tidy when he finishes. I wouldn’t use any other plumber.”
– Maureen (email)
- “Dear Tim and Harry, I just want to say thank you for all your splendid work, I am so pleased with it all. Also it’s really nice to have someone you feel at ease with and can have a laugh with – you certainly make me laugh. It was a pleasure to have you both working here. Mind you I’m still glad to get my house back! All the best to you both, and thanks again.”
– June (letter)
- “We have had the services of Tim Burberry on several occasions recently and have been completely satisfied with his work. He is knowledgeable, hardworking and only too pleased to solve a problem no matter how complicated it may be. We had confidence and would have no hesitation in recommending him.”
– P Barrett EG (letter)
- “Tim, just to say that Giles came today, thank you so much for introducing him. Another problem solved. Have a good weekend.”
– P Barrett EG (email)
- “Tim was recommended to me by a neighbour about two years ago. He replaced a rad in our kitchen which was a tricky job as the old rad was tight against our end kitchen unit, also an electric cable ran the length of the rad. Tim made the job look easy and we were very satisfied with the excellent end result. I took Tim’s telephone number because we were so pleased with his work. Tim has subsequently sorted out a problem with our loo flush. Earlier this year my youngest son had a bathroom installed and had problems with water seeping down the sides of the bath. I told my son that if we were going to pay to sort the problem I wanted to use someone I had confidence in. I contacted Tim who visited and explained in detail why the water was seeping down the bath. Tim’s firm fixed the bath so it stopped moving at the sides and resealed the surround. Problem solved – no more seeping water. My son now has Tim’s telephone number and, like me, would contact Tim if he has a plumbing problem. Tim not only does excellent work but he will only do what is necessary at reasonable cost. A very satisfied customer.”
– John Hollingdale (email)
- “I have used Tim Burberry on many occasions for things ranging from a leaking basin tap to a complete installation of a boiler, and have found him to be very professional. His quotes for the work are always clear and concise, and if any additional work is required due to unforeseen circumstances he will consult me and advise me of the best course of action. He is always punctual and never leaves any mess or debris after finishing for the day. I would have no hesitation in recommending Tim Burberry.”
– Sarah Willett (email)
- “I confirm that I have engaged Tim Burberry Plumbing and Heating to install a new boiler and central heating system in my property, the work was completed on the 4th November 2010. During which time Tim provided an excellent service, work was completed promptly and ahead of schedule. Although this was a major job there was minimal disruption and the house was left in good order. Tim took the time to listen to our requirements and provided solutions for difficult areas. I am very pleased with the end result – the new central heating system is very easy to operate and the new radiators look great. I can confidently recommend Tim Burberry Plumbing and Heating as a solid and reliable supplier, and experts in their field.”
– Dr Nicola Roberts (letter)